Oct 25, 2005

'Feisty nun'

From Father McCloskey's review of Raymond Arroyo's book on Mother Angelica ...

"One of the adjectives most often used to describe Mother is "feisty," and Arroyo does not shrink from revealing that side of her at length and in depth. Well-known and not so well-known contretemps with bishops, cardinals, elements of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, and even some of her staff and financial backers, are recounted fairly and judiciously."
Read about Mother Angelica's famous feud with L.A.'s own Cardinal Roger Mahony HERE.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless Mother Angelica!

I especially love this quote:
"it is simply not credible that a cardinal who is so very tolerant of theologians who call for zero obedience to the Pope wants Rome to slap an interdict on a nun who presumes to criticize him. That could, no doubt unfairly, expose him to the charge of being, among other things, inconsistent." from fistthings.com

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops....that should have read firstthings.com

Hmmm...fist things....maybe that's appropriate after all....

LOL

10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

God bless Mother Angelica's heart!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened to be in downtown LA 2 weeks ago with my copy of the book. I was having a coffee and reading when I came upon the part dealing with Cardinal Mahony. Finding myself just blocks from the "cathedral", I happily walked over and had lunch there while reading the book. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to do that :). Plus the stares of a couple of bookstore employees as I carried the book with me.

May God bless Mother Angelica!

Paul

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter