Nov 22, 2005

A bishop with class



OFFICIAL STATEMENT RE: MSGR. DALE FUSHEK

(Nov 21)—Bishop Thomas Olmsted and the Diocese of Phoenix learned today that the Maricopa county Attorney's office has filed misdemeanor charges against Msgr. Dale Fushek. The Bishop is saddened by the pain that is involved in these accusations and prays for healing. The Diocese will continue to cooperate with the County Attorney's office in this matter. Msgr. Fushek remains on paid administrative leave.

Bishop Olmsted continues to pray for Msgr. Fushek and his family, for those who bring these charges against him, and for the people of St. Timothy Parish. In a special way he prays that our legal system, which presumes a person is innocent until proven guilty, will lead to a just conclusion in this case.

Our Faith calls us to seek out the truth and to act with mercy and justice. These principles serve as a guide for the Bishop and the Diocese in a compassionate care for everyone involved.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. Mmmm. What do I most want for Christmas? Oh, I know. A new bishop. Yeah, that's right. A new bishop for L.A. And let me see. Mmmm. Who would I like to take Mahony's place? Oh, I know. Bishop Olmsted.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a priest of the Diocese of Phoenix. Bishop Olmsted is the most prayerful, spiritual shepherd I've ever met. I would love to follow him wherever God leads him, but unfortunately that will not happen, since I have been called to minister here.

Please pray that this loving, compassionate man of God continue his wise leadership.

(BTW, I wouldn't complain if you prayed for me too.)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father Anonymous-

Thank you for your priesthood and for your comment. By all accounts your bishop is a true man of God and a model for all bishops to follow. As you probably know, things in L.A. are not what they should be. We pray for our current archbishop but long for the day when new pastoral leadership will come to this portion of God's people and help to revitalize the faith here. I will pray for you, Father, and asked you to remember me and all L.A. Catholics when you offer the Holy Sacrifice.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quintero, Be assured of my prayers for LA and OC. Blessings!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Tucson where we formerly had Bishop Moreno (former auxiliary to Crdinal Mahoney)and now have Bishop Kicanas (a former auxiliary to Cardinal Bernadin. I don't know if someone thought this would an improvement, but it hasn't been. We've been through bankruptcy, sold off diocesian property and saddled the parrishes with legal fee's. I would trade Bishop Kicanas and two draft picks for Bishop Olmsted in a heart beat.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter