Feb 25, 2006

"Clip and save" these quotes from the Popes and saints

Many thanks to Semper Fi Catholic for the following quotes, which he supplied in a comment he made about the recent post, "It is love, not hate, to oppose dissent."

Be sure to check out Semper Fi Catholic's very apt and accurate comments there about fraternal correction and true judgment. And here are the quotes he sent:

"It is an act of charity to cry out against the wolf when he is among the sheep."
-- St. Francis de Sales

"A failure to speak the truth because of a misconceived sense of compassion should not be taken for love. We do not have the right to minimize matters of our own accord, even with the best of intentions. Our task is to be God's witnesses, to be spokesmen of a mercy that saves 'even when it shows itself as JUDGMENT' on man's sin."
-- Pope John Paul II, 2002 Letter to Priests

"Sins that are manifest are not to be cleansed by secret correction, but those who sin openly are to be censured openly, that when they are cured by a public reproof, those who imitated their sin may imitate their amendment."
-- Pope St. Gregory the Great

"He who neglects to put right what he can correct is undoubtedly guilty of the fault of the person sinning."
-- St.Leo

"To be silent when you should reprove, is to consent; and we know that the same punishment awaits those who do wrong, and those who consent to it."
-- St. Bernard

5 Comments:

Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Great quotes, I may have to link to this.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quintero, thank you for your kind words. I didn't know you had replied to my post and I was going to practice some humility since Lent is right around the
corner ...but since you wanted to know if I was a Marine, I felt I would be misleading you and others if I didn't tell you I am a "she". :)

My dad and two of my brothers were Marines and my dearly departed spiritual director, who was also the SD for American Life League, was a wonderful Marine in his day. He died a holy and pious priest and a great Marine.

If you visit my web site you can read all about Fr. Denis O'Brien and the wonderful things he accomplished in his life. And...if you want to read some really great homilies, my Pastor's homilies are posted there as well. Maybe you can send them to the Cardinal in your area. ;)

God bless and keep up the good work.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Andrew, Thanks for your kind words and your counsel!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Fidei Defensor,

Thanks for your kind words, and I will check out your site soon!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Semper Fi Catholic,

Thank you so much for writing. It is more than clear that you have the same noble U.S. Marine heart and spirit that your Dad and brothers and Father O'Brien had.

They served our Country and our Faith, and you do, too.

I knew of Father O'Brien and wish I had known him. I will check out your site soon! God bless you.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter