What's not in The Tidings
A recent example was the Tidings cover photo of an anti-"homophobia" [sic] gaggle parading in Mexico City -- which locale, by the way, is not exactly in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
You've also seen a post here now and then that praises something in The Tidings.
Well, now it's time we talk about what's not in The Tidings. And that's a long list. Just for starters, how about cover stories on:
* the (Latin) Mass according to the Missal of 1962, and how great it is, and everywhere it is being celebrated in the Archdiocese, complete with times, directions and maps
* Pope Benedict XVI's request in Sacramentum Caritatis that seminaries teach Latin to seminarians so all priests will be able to say Mass according to the Missal of 1962 -- and the progress that Cardinal Mahony is making toward fulfilling the Vicar of Christ's request
* Cardinal Castrillon H.'s recent comment that every parish in the world should have a Mass according to the Missal of 1962 -- and the progress that Cardinal Mahony is making toward making that happen for the people of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
* all the abortion mills in downtown L.A., how they prey on poor people, including immigrants legal and otherwise, and how Cardinal Mahony will lift restrictions, official or unofficial, on pro-life actions and sermons by his bishops and priests and will then order them to regularly pray and counsel outside every abortion chamber in the whole archdiocese and to maintain pro-life pregnancy counseling centers and homes for unwed moms in every parish
* how you can't be Catholic and pro-abortion, which major political party is pro-abortion, how Catholics are obligated to vote anti-abortion, how Canon 915 requires ministers of the Eucharist to refuse Communion to pro-abortion politicians for the good of their souls, and how Cardinal Mahony will publicly admonish all pro-abortion politicians and then order all his ministers of the Eucharist to deny Communion to the unrepentant ones.
You've got to admit that The Tidings would be a lot more interesting with cover stories like this that it is missing.
What have you noticed that is not in our archdiocesan newspaper and should be?