Nov 21, 2008

Pro-abortion Maria Shriver brags that she picks and chooses

Did you see the story (click on this post's title) on the online California Catholic Daily two days ago about an interview that Maria Shriver, the wife of fellow pro-abort Arnold Schwarzenegger, gave recently?

With a rosary around her neck, she told the interviewers, "I start every one of my days praying. I go to church every week. I went to Catholic schools my entire life."

But then she said, "I pick and choose... I think I'm probably a 'Cafeteria Catholic.'"

She elaborated:

"I have a dispute with a lot of the Catholic Church. Even though I consider myself a Catholic in good standing, I disagree with a lot of the teachings of the Church... I don’t believe that if someone’s divorced they shouldn’t get Communion; I don’t believe that people who are gay shouldn’t be accepted into the Church… I’m pro-choice, I believe women should have that right."

She called Msgr. Lloyd Torgerson, her pastor at St. Monica's Church in Santa Monica, "a huge part of my life."

Let's hope, then, that Msgr. Torgerson has tried to straighten her out and will keep trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter