Jun 4, 2005

'Bring me all your half-empty bottles of Scotch'


Photo from THE TIDINGS, May 31, 2002

Father "Bill" Messenger, who was accused last month of allegedly touching inappropriately an adult male student, once gave the following advice about Lent.

The Christian Post reports ...

Father William Messenger ... believes doing something active for the season [of Lent] is a better way to deepen a student’s relationship with God than the traditional way of abstinence. I would prefer that students add charitable acts to their [Lenten observance] rather than omit things, he said. "My standard homily on Ash Wednesday includes, 'I do not give up Scotch, so bring all your half-empty bottles to me.' "

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better no priest than a fake like this one.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice the recommendation of "charitable acts", not "prayer" let alone "prayer and fasting". For liberals, service to man is everything and service to God is nothing.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy not only consecrated leavened bread at a Mass my daughter attended, but refused to administer Holy Communion on the tongue!
I would never allow one of my sons or daughters to be alone with a priest like that, outside of the confessional.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter