Nov 14, 2007

Keep praying for the Santa Barbara Sisters of Bethany

I hear from Santa Barbara that the local paper there has run a couple of articles since last weekend about the Sisters of Bethany whom the Archdiocese is evicting from their convent so as to sell it to help fund the scandal payouts.

Sounds as if there is trouble; the Sisters say they have not seen money that has supposedly been collected for them.

And there is a report that the Sisters have been offered a temporary stay in a nearby facility that was formerly a seminary.

Or should I say, "a nearby facility that was a seminary until the liberals started 'remodeling' our Church, so all the vocations died out or went elsewhere."

Anyway, we'd better keep praying for the good Sisters of Bethany. They don't deserve any trouble.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Most definately I shall keep them in my prayers. It'd be nice if we had more than one archdiocesan seminary and because of that, I'm going to a real seminary (that's right, Lincoln, Neb)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear I Dare You,

Good for you for going to the seminary! I'll say a prayer for you and, no doubt, so will every visitor to this blogspot.

Thanks for the news, and God bless.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter